You likely do most of your banking online now since it is easier. You can pay your bills, transfer funds from one account to another, and use automatic withdrawals for your monthly payments. You might also be doing most of your shopping online.
With all those transactions, you’ve probably stored many of your credit card information right where you shop. It just makes things easier, right? However, it won’t remain smooth if you have any of those data stolen.
What is more dangerous is that hackers are constantly looking for easy-to-capture data so that they can steal credit information or a full identity. Having your data taken can be a headache. Not only can credit card information be used for unauthorized purchases, but skilled hackers can track your every move and get even more of your most private and valuable information.
Nonetheless, privacy software can protect your data from being stolen. Thus, we’ve highlighted some of the best privacy software options currently available.
Best Privacy Software Reviews
We’ve found three software options that you can use to protect your privacy when using the internet. We’ve looked into each of their features, as well as benefits and drawbacks of using them.
1. Avast HMA! PRO VPN
This privacy software can be used on virtually all of your devices and will keep you safe, even when you are on the web using public Wi-Fi.
This is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux, and you can protect up to five devices all at one time. The fast and unlimited connection allows you to choose from over 880 servers in 280 locations, so you’ll have several locations from which you can choose from.
As a VPN, this product allows you to hide all of your internet activities through an encryption blanket. Basically, you turn it on, and no one can see what you’re doing online. That includes hackers who want to steal your information but also includes other individuals you may or may not know, as well as public entities such as the government.
This software allows you to keep all of your online activities and even your IP address private while using the internet. You can even hide your activities from your Internet Service Provider. You can also stream your favorite entertainment content no matter where you are, and you can surf the web anonymously.
In terms of tangible protection, all of your banking, payment, and other private information will be shielded from hackers, given the military-grade encryption this software provides.
This product can be purchased almost risk-free, given that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all new orders. In addition to that, there is 24/7 customer support available; you can get assistance via live chat or email at any time.
Some users, though, have had issues using this VPN with systems that run Windows 10. That said, working with support seems to help troubleshoot the problem.
- AUTOMATIC WI-FI PROTECTION: Shield every connection with military-grade, 256-bit AES encryption.
- GLOBAL COVERAGE: Always have a server nearby in over 190 countries.
- NO ACTIVITY LOGS: HMA VPN doesn’t log your IP address or what you do online.
- SPEED, WHEREVER YOU ARE: find the fastest connection no matter where you are.
- PROTECTION, ON ALL YOUR DEVICES: Install HideMyAss software on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux or Router.
Last update on 2020-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Multiple locations
- Compatible with a lot of OS
- Good customer support
- Easy download
- Quick installation
- Some potential issues with Windows 10
2. Symantec Norton Security Deluxe
This one-year subscription can be used on a total of three devices simultaneously. Those devices can be PCs, Macs, Android, and iOS. It installs in just minutes and is backed by dependable customer service.
This product defends against spyware, malware, and viruses while safeguarding your identity and all of your online transactions. It uses a web portal so that you can manage protection for all of your devices, giving you quick and easily managed access. You’ll also be alerted if you are about to engage with any risky Android applications before you potentially download them.
There is unlimited access to a Norton technician should you have any issues or questions with this product and that support can be accessed 24/7. Additionally, there is a 100% guarantee that ensures you will get rid of all viruses on your devices or you will have your money returned to you.
- ONGOING PROTECTION Download instantly & install protection for up to 3 PCs, Macs, iOS or Android devices in minutes!
- REAL-TIME THREAT PROTECTION Advanced security protects against existing and emerging malware threats, including ransomware and viruses, and it won’t slow down your device performance.
- SECURE VPN Browse anonymously and securely with a no-log VPN while using public Wi-Fi. Add bank-grade encryption to help keep your information like passwords and bank details secure and private.
- DARK WEB MONITORING Powered by LIFELOCK We monitor and notify you if we find your personal information on the Dark Web.**
- 25GB SECURE PC CLOUD BACKUP store and help protect important files as a preventative measure to data loss due to hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware.***
Last update on 2020-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Money-back guarantee
- Great customer support
- Quick installation
- New Norton subscription cannot be added to an old one
Which One Is the Best of the Best?
Each of the 2 options we reviewed will do a great job protecting your data and will add a necessary level of security to all of your internet interactions. You can never be too protected if you engage in online activities and virtually everyone enters at least some of their personal data online whether to make purchases or bank online.
That said, our top pick for the best privacy software is Symantec Norton Security Deluxe.