Moving to and using a brand-new computer can be a bit of a hassle. Okay, it can be a huge hassle. You will spend countless hours trying to move everything over to the new gadget, wasting plenty of time and energy on something that seems like it should be a lot simpler.
When you’re wanting a quick solution to transferring between two computers, your best option might be the innovative and unique Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11. To help you determine if it is really what you need, we have reviewed it in detail.
Basically, the Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 makes it easy to switch from one computer to the next. The unique design of this software ensures that your must-have files and documents are swiftly moved onto the new device.
Whether it’s an application, setting, or other types of file you can’t live without, using Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 ensures that nothing is left behind. With a fast-moving platform, PCmover lets you spend less time transferring and more time enjoying your new gadget. Finally, something that should be simple is simple.
Who Is This Product For?
The Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 is ideal for the individual who doesn’t want to spend an excessive amount of time transferring from an old computer to a new one. It’s not only a fast-acting piece of equipment, but it’s simple to use, which is valuable for those who aren’t exactly technologically minded.
It takes the guesswork and time out of maneuvering your important documents and settings, which is great for computer enthusiasts and newbies alike.
Inside the package, you will find the Laplink PCmover disc that should be installed on both computers before being able to work. You will also find the Laplink SafeErase which allows you to get rid of any important documents on your old computer before getting rid of it. Lastly, a Laplink High Speed Ethernet Cable for easy transferring between computers is included.
- Includes an optional Laplink Ethernet cable
- Easy-to-Use: Install PCmover on both of your computers and follow the simple wizard to transfer everything you select to your new PC
- Optimized for fastest transfer - provides maximum performance and time savings. You will quickly be using your new PC with everything ready to go.
- Complete Selectivity: Automatically transfers all selected applications, files, folders, settings, and user profiles to your new PC
- Undo Feature: Quickly reverse changes made to your new PC if you change your mind or want to re-do the transfer with different selections
Last update on 2021-11-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overview of Features
There’s a variety of special features and benefits that you will only find with the Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 Model, including the following:
The Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 can be used on a number of different devices, which means you won’t have to worry if your platform is compatible with Laplink. The operating systems and computers Laplink works with includes Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and WIndows XP.
2. Easy to Use
Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 prides itself on being easy to use, so even if you aren’t tech savvy you can still use the equipment with ease. In fact, you just need to pop the CD into the drive and have it downloaded on both computers right away. Likewise, the PCs auto connect using the fastest method detectable on the devices.
You would also be able to pick between a variety of information, as well as remove unwanted information from being transferred. Additionally, the PCmover does all of the work for you, so you can step out and come back to a new computer that is completely ready to use.
3. Things to Keep in Mind
As with any product and computer, there are certain things coming from an older model that simply won’t be possible on a newer computer. There are a few key things to keep in mind when doing a transfer such as:
- Some applications may not be compatible with a newer computer.
- You can’t go back to an older operating system; transferring documents to a Windows 10 from a Windows 7 will keep the Windows 10 operating system with no option to reverse.
- Some applications that have copyrights will require you to deactivate on the old computer before activating on the new model.
- Make sure the Windows computers are both up-to-date before trying to transfer.
How to Use
Using this product is as easy as one, two, three.
- Begin by installing the PCmover application on the old computer and the computer you will be transferring information.
- Next, you need to select all the information you want to be transferred. This includes any applications, files, users, or settings you want to automatically have on your new computer. If you make a mistake during this process, simply hit the undo button to have it removed. It really is that simple!
- Once you have all of the information selected for transfer, you need to hit the ‘Transfer” button found on the PCmover app. The PCmover will begin processing your request at maximum speed to ensure you spend less time waiting and worrying, and more time using that brand-new supercomputer.
- Conveniently migrate and transfer files from an old computer to a new one with this USB transfer cable PC to PC ready. Includes license keys to two software applications for maximum compatibility. Softwares are downloadable on Cable Matters driver web page.
- Drag & Drop files and folders between two computers using the included PClinq5 (for macOS and Windows) and Bravura Easy Computer Sync (Windows only) software; Bravura Easy Computer Sync also allows you to remotely control one computer from the other one.
- Easily synchronize data between computers whether it is Windows to Windows, Windows to Mac, or Mac to Mac using this PC transfer cable; The Windows and macOS companion easy transfer cable supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10 and Mac OS X.
- USB bridge cable supports data migration at USB 3.0 speed of 5Gbps and provides a faster transfer method than USB 2.0 or cloud storage. Move gigabytes of multimedia data in minutes instead of hours without uploading and downloading.
- The computer transfer cable also offers higher security than moving files over a cloud-based network; Perfect tool for transferring large program application files for upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. Free software downloadable on manufacturer website: PClinq 5 supports Windows and macOS, with no registration code needed. Easy Computer Sync supports Windows only. The registration code is printed on the cable
Last update on 2021-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you’re working with a MAC computer, either have one currently that you’re upgrading out from or upgrading from Windows to MAC, the Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11 will be of no use to you. That is because it only works with Windows devices. If you need something MAC compatible, we highly recommend this USB Bridge Cable.
With this handy device, you can transfer a multitude of information from a MAC to a Windows computer, and it also works with two MACs or two Windows computers. The versatility of this product makes it a go-to, and there is no downloading or installation involved.
Simply plug in the USB to both computers and select the files or applications you want to transfer. The USB cable will work swiftly to ensure all of your documents are sent rapidly, so you don’t have to waste any time enjoying your new gadget.
In this new era of technology, we no longer need to struggle with trying to copy and transfer all of our important documents using USB ports or discs. With the Laplink PCmover Ultimate 11, it’s a cinch to cross over any important documents, files, and settings from an older computer to a new one in a matter of minutes.
That means less time struggling and sitting around, and more time enjoying a fresh, brand-new gadget that already has all of our personal touches on it. And if you can’t use the Laplink, always remember there’s a second option with a USB Bridge Cable that allows connecting between MAC and Windows.