Today, it is imperative that nearly everyone has a reliable, trusted security software product. We now live in a world where the internet is used for almost everything, including shopping and paying bills; both of which include entering sensitive banking data.
Nearly everyone is susceptible to malware, and given how prevalent identity theft has become, it’s essential to protect your data from hackers. A trusted network security application can help keep you and your family protected from a variety of online threats. Thus, we’ve reviewed three network security software products for you.
- 1 Best Network Security Software Reviews
Best Network Security Software Reviews
1. Kaspersky Internet Security
This product is marked by its ability to provide excellent protection without slowing your device down or otherwise impacting its overall performance. It allows you to manage your security from anywhere while maintaining your privacy and blocking any threats. With this product, you can setup a My Kaspersky account and manage your security from anywhere.
The Kaspersky Internet Security protects your information and data from a variety of intrusions including malware, Trojans, ransomware, phishing, pop-ups, spyware, and viruses. The good thing is that you don’t have to purchase multiple licenses to get all of your devices covered. This product will work with three devices, may it be PC’s, Macs, and mobile phones with just one subscription.
This software provides great protection for the tasks most often used by everyday internet users. It will block intrusive acts, like webcam spying, while also helping to ensure transactions are kept secure. Thus, you can shop online, pay bills, and do your mobile banking without worrying about your data being stolen.
The System Watcher secures all of your files before they’re captured while the Safe Money feature protects your online financial transactions.
If there is ever an issue, you’ll receive an alert to let you know your Wi-Fi is at risk and it will present ideas on how to protect it better. Also, in case you have little ones, this product will help you keep them safe with specialized parenting tools.
- PROTECTS MULTIPLE DEVICES: Stay safe at home and on the go with a single license for your PCs, Macs, and Android and iOS devices.
- FIGHTS EVERY THREAT: Stop worrying about viruses, phishing, ransomware and tomorrow’s most advanced cyberattacks
- STOPS ONLINE THEFT: Shop, bank and pay securely online with extra layers of protection from our Safe Money technology
- PROTECTS YOUR PRIVACY: Block webcam spying, stop browser tracking and use easy VPN encryption to hide data from hackers and ISPs.
- KEEPS KIDS SAFE: Protect your children from online dangers by using Parent Control features.
Last update on 2021-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Alerted to Wi-Fi risks
- Straightforward setup
- One combined license for PCs, Macs and mobile devices
- Not so good customer service
2. NordVPN Internet Privacy and Security Software
This product is a VPN, otherwise known as a virtual private network, and as such it provides some really interesting features not available with other security products. The use of a VPN protects your identity by changing your IP address, so all of the data exchanged between you and any internet destinations are encrypted.
You can enjoy all the internet has to offer from anywhere in the world and be fully protected. This means accessing any private accounts, shopping, banking, and viewing any media content.
This security software from NordVPN is incredibly simple to install. It only takes two steps to get it up and to run. Simply download and install and you’re ready to go. Also, you can maintain your safety even when using unprotected Wi-Fi networks out in public.
This product won’t slow you down, and you can enjoy the internet without any limits on bandwidth or speed. You’ll also enjoy protection from targeted ads. Websites will look better since it helps to block intrusive ads that make it difficult to view what you want.
One of the most interesting features of this product is how it hides your browsing history. Your broadband provider will never be able to see what sites you’ve visited, and there is no log kept of any of your internet activity.
As such, you cannot be tracked, and none of your data can be collected. If you want to stay incognito, this product is a great option.
With the manufacturer’s customer service, you can get all of your questions answered at any time of the day. Professional support is available 24/7 through email or live chat. One consideration to keep in mind with this product and any VPN, for that matter, is that some websites will block the use of a VPN and if you want to access those sites, you’ll have to disable it.
- Security & Privacy. A virtual private network (VPN) encrypts your internet traffic and protects your privacy online. When you're connected to a VPN, no one can see what you do on the internet – not even your internet service provider. NordVPN uses the AES 256-bit encryption algorithm to hide your data, which is the most secure encryption available. It’s so secure that even some government agencies use it to hide top-secret files.
- Double Protection. What’s better than encrypting your connection with a VPN? Doing it twice. Double VPN will route your traffic through two VPN servers instead of one, making it next to impossible to decipher.
- Content Access. VPN allows you to access hundreds of streaming websites and stream your favorite movies and TV shows securely and privately, no matter where you are. With NordVPN's SmartPlay, you can forget about buffering or bandwidth throttling. Connect and enjoy!
- Block Malware & Ads. NordVPN CyberSec is an advanced technology solution that takes your security and privacy to the next level. It blocks websites known for hosting malware or phishing scams, making you safer from online threats. Besides, it takes care of annoying flashy ads, speeding up your browsing experience.
- Up to 6 Devices. One NordVPN account can be used on 6 devices at the same time. You can also protect your friends and family or install a VPN on your router to secure the entire network. Compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, Android, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Last update on 2021-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Secure up to six devices
- 24/7 customer support
- Available on any device
- Some websites block VPN
3. McAfee Total Protection
This McAfee product protects against malware, viruses, and spyware on up to 10 devices. You can protect your smartphones, PCs, Macs, and tablets all with just one subscription.
If you are annoyed by the amount of spam you’re getting, this software can help. It can alert you to dangerous downloads and keep you from visiting websites that are likely to pose a risk to your data’s safety. In addition, it protects against spyware, viruses, malware, and ransomware.
The parental controls that come with this product are fairly specialized and allow you to keep your kids safe while they explore the internet. You can block any websites you don’t want your children visiting, and you can even block specific search results. In addition, you can put a limit on how much time your kids spend online.
This product is backed by a 100% guarantee, making it virtually risk-free. So, if your viruses aren’t removed, you are eligible to get your money back.
With this product, though, you may want to make sure you double check that all of your devices are compatible. While rare, a few users have had issues protecting particular tablets with this software.
- AWARD-WINNING ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE: Defend against viruses and online threats with a combination of cloud-based and offline protection for your privacy, identity and your devices
- SECURE BROWSING WITH CONTROLS: Sidestep cyber and malware attacks before they happen with clear warnings of risky websites, links and files. Help your connected kids build good digital habits with Safe Family parental controls
- PASSWORD MANAGER: Enjoy secure and convenient access to all your logins with a browser-based password manager that generates and memorizes secure passwords for you
- FILE LOCK: Place your sensitive files under lock-and-key quickly and easily with 256-bit file encryption for added security
- FREE SUPPORT: Get free customer support via phone, chat or online with your annual subscription
Last update on 2021-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Secure up to 10 devices
- Multiple parental controls
- 100% guarantee
- Does not work on all tablets
What Is the Best Network Security Software?
While all three of these products offer unique benefits and would adequately keep your data and online use protected, our top choice for the best network security software is the McAfee Total Protection. At one point in time, McAfee was not held in high regard, and now it is considered one of the very best in internet security.
The McAfee Total Protection will keep you secure against nearly any threat. Also, being able to protect 10 devices with just one subscription can save you from purchasing multiple products.
The parental controls are quite sophisticated and will come in handy for anyone with children who are starting to explore the web. Finally, the guarantee makes it impossible to choose any product over this one. If you have any issues, you can get your money refunded, so you can use this product nearly risk-free.